average log write size and stripe size

From: Edward Shevtsov <ed_at_mb.ru>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 00:43:55 -0800

Hi List,

I have two RAID1 volumes with stripe size 8K (according to the Compaq's RAID Configuration Utility, but strange term for mirroring though). These volumes are dedicated for storing online redo logs only. We use file system (ext2).  The average log write size is about 12K. Will I get any benefits from performance point of view if I increase stripe size up to 16K ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Ed Received on Thu Nov 29 2001 - 02:43:55 CST