RE: Oracle 8.1.7 and 5.1A Cluster

From: Robertson Lee - lerobe <lerobe_at_acxiom.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 00:05:16 -0800

erm.. problem solved from the Tru64 mailing list. Solution below in case anyone else runs into it.

The WINNER is Raul Sossa --- Thanks a million Raul! Raul helped us with a paper published by TUSC www.tusc.com named "Oracle Parallel Server on Compaq Tru64 Unix using Cluster File Systems". On page 11 of the TUSC document it states the following: "Be sure not to select additional nodes during the installation process. This will cause the installer to try to remotely copy the Oracle installation directory to another node. This is slow and may not be needed (it crashed our installation with a coredump ed.) in your configuration."

Thanks anyway

Lee

Author: Robertson Lee - lerobe
  INET: lerobe_at_acxiom.co.uk