RE: Alternatives to Pathworks?

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 21:39:12 -0800

Marc,

If you need to copy the file across, then

        You could use Samba or NFS but I think both of those would require TCP.
        Similarly for FTP.

        So, basically it appears you need something to allow transfer by Decnet rather than Pathworks.

        I take it your current NT connects via Decnet to Pathworks?

Alternatively, Can the file be loaded into the database direct from the NT server?

        (If the VMS server doesn't have TCP then this would require Net8 / SQLNet to work over (say) Decnet - consult Oracle to see if this can be done).
Can you copy it via some means to a different VMS server and then copy it from that server to the final server?

If your NT PC is running Decnet, can you just do a straight Decnet copy from the NT machine to the VMS server?

HTH,
Bruce Reardon

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Nov 28 2001 - 23:39:12 CST