(no subject)

From: Michael Netrusov <michael_at_atelo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 21:28:01 -0800

Hi, Wendy

  1. Note the timestamp for each of those files on server.
  2. Perform a periodic check on timestamp.
  3. Whenever you will get a datetime on a file greater than noted previously, copy the file to the clients.
  4. Note the new timestamp.
  5. Goto 2.

HTH,
Yours,
"Gugu"

Hi, Gugu:

We have application installed on the server, and we also have fat client installed on everyone's local machine. But files on the server sometimes got updates by anonymous without notified. So, we want to have a batch file to do the comparison and copy funtions. Every time the batch file runs, it should compare the local files with the files on the server(s), if a change finds, it will copy the new file from server to local machine. SO the local machine will get updated also

I want this to be dynamic, since there are more than 800 files to compare. And this could be happened on any time.

Do you have a clue where/how should I start this? a sample?

Thanks in advance.

Wendy

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting, just $8.95/month. http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

Author: Wendy Y
  INET: wlyue2001_at_yahoo.com

Author: Michael Netrusov
  INET: michael_at_atelo.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Nov 28 2001 - 23:28:01 CST