RE: Altering Indexes

From: Mohan, Ross <MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:53:53 -0800

I thought that, given

disks with 256KB to 4M of ondisk cache
and
disk arrays with another 1M-16M of cache and
storage boxes like EMC,Hitachi, etc with up to 16 GB of CACHE and
the UBC
and
the Oracle BC
and
Henry Poras' recent post
that

"tables and indexes" in the same tspace didn't matter quite as much as it did when I was a youngster?

Not that it doesn't matter, just that it's not in the "Top Three Evildoers" List
anymore.

        Author: Ken Janusz
          INET: ken.janusz_at_sufsys.com

        San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing
Lists
        Author: Ball, Terry
          INET: TBall_at_birch.com

        Author: Mark Leith