Antwort: RE: Oracle 9.0.1.1.1 on Win2k: stalls during installation: 85% "D

From: <Ivo.Libal_at_knapp-systems.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 01:29:48 -0800

Hi
try to remove lock_sga from init.ora file Ivo

                    Nirmal Kumar

                    Muthu Kumaran        An:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    <NIRMALK_at_qtel        Kopie:

                    .com.qa>             Thema:  RE: Oracle 9.0.1.1.1 on Win2k: stalls
during installation: 85% "D
                    Gesendet von:

                    root_at_fatcity.

                    com

                    11/27/2001

                    07:30 AM

                    Bitte

                    antworten an

                    ORACLE-L

Hi Tom,

A week before i was tried to install oracle 9i on WinNT4(20GB Hard Disk, 128MB RAM). The software has been downloaded from Net.

In my pc, i already have oracle731. I had tried to install oracle9i in another home. I had been installed oracle server sucessfully, but

while creating the DB it failed by throwing our error message "OUT of memory", there is no log, nothing. I cann't able to identify why is was happening.

Even i tried to increase the virtual memory too (I want to know is it helpful if we were in out of memory state?).

Then what i did is, uninstalled Oracle731, and cleared all relavant registry entries, restart the PC, started to install ORa9i.

This time, it has done nicely, no problem nothing. But i was confused why installer refering other versions of oracle to install ora9i, anyway we

are using different home, is't it?...

Ok, ur attachment is in binary format, so it's NOT useful for us. I didn't find any similar type of doc file in ora9i installer CD. Can you post it

in text format, if you don't mind.

     Another thing is, "I would go into the registry and remove all traces
     of Oracle." -- How can do this, do you mean that, just search for

     oracle9i or something similar like this and remove from the
     registery?....

     Thanks in advance....

     Rgds,
     Nirmal.