Re: TNS Listener service question

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 21:04:43 -0800

If I understand you correctly, you are shutting down a listener on your NT box, and then, from your NT box, you are connecting to a remote database using SQL*Plus. Am I understanding you correctly?

You shouldn't need to have a listener running on your NT box to connect to a remote database, so that fact that SQL*Plus can connect doesn't surprise me. I don't understand why your GUI tools wouldn't connect, though I may also be misunderstanding your original note.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick
mailto:jonathan_at_gennick.com * 906.387.1698 http://Gennick.com * http://MichiganWaterfalls.com

Wednesday, November 21, 2001, 10:05:20 AM, you wrote: BPJ> I noticed that if I leave the TNS Listener service stopped on my NT BPJ> workstation, I can't access anything using the GUI tools.

Author: Jonathan Gennick
  INET: jonathan_at_gennick.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Nov 21 2001 - 23:04:43 CST