RE: Upgrade 8.0.5 to 8.1.6

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jwilton_at_speakeasy.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:21:31 -0800

Correct me if I am wrong, but you don't migrate from 8.0 to 8.1. You just start up on the new binaries and run u080005.sql or something. The migration utility is for 7.x to 8.x. Read the manual. Re-creating the database, then exporting and importing will take much longer than just running a couple scripts.

If it is reverting that you are worried about, take an online backup before you upgrade.

--
Jeremiah Wilton
http://www.speakeasy.net/~jwilton

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: Jeremiah Wilton INET: jwilton_at_speakeasy.net Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).