Re[2]: RE:

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:58:24 -0800

In many a case on the list we don't have the information to fill in to all sql statements, like in this case the name of the tablespace. The common way to indicate that is to frame the variable with a set or '<>' brackets. What you need to do is replace the '<tablespace_core>' with the rean tablespace name, in your case, from previous posts:

drop tablespace core including contents;

BTW: you should be able to simply startup your database by now. Tablespace core should be offline.

Dick Goulet

Author: Moucka otakar <moucka_at_cekia.cz>
Date:       11/21/2001 10:10 AM

I have next problem , syntax its ok.

SQL> Startup mount
alter database datafile '/data/db/database/core.dbf' offline drop; alter database open;
drop tablespace <tablespace_core> including content; ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area 178213024 bytes

Fixed Size                    73888 bytes
Variable Size             161189888 bytes
Database Buffers           16777216 bytes
Redo Buffers                 172032 bytes
Database mounted.
SQL>
Database altered.

SQL>
Database altered.

SQL> drop tablespace <tablespace_core> including content

                *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02216: tablespace name expected

Author: Moucka otakar