Re: Index File Name

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriole.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:30:06 -0800

Mark Leith wrote:

> Yeah but for a tightly controlled schema *owner* - what's the problem?
> Wouldn't you *want* to have unlimited tablespace for the schema owner -
> which the users *should not* have access to anyway?
>
> (no this is not rhetorical - I have no production experience)
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

End-users are not the ones to fear. Developers are. Assume you control as tightly as you want, we all have our bad days and forget someday to do something we should have - and know we should have. Just imagine a user with UNLIMITED TABLESPACE for which you forgot to change the default tablespace from SYSTEM. I am ready to bet that before long you'll find unique indexes named (good case) TABLENAME_PK or (bad case) SYS_C000012345 in SYSTEM. Don't give people any right they do not need.

--
Regards,

Stephane Faroult
Oriole Corporation