RE: Tempfile - where to find the max size and the datafile extent

From: Suhen Pather <Suhen.Pather_at_strandbags.com.au>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 18:55:42 -0800

Bruce,

dba_temp_files -
maxbytes,
incremented_by (blocks)

Suhen

Hi,

If I create a tempfile Temporary tablespace with a command like:

create temporary tablespace temp
tempfile 'f:\oradata\abcd\temp01.dbf' size 500M reuse autoextend on next 50m maxsize 1000M
extent management local uniform size 1m;

where in the data dictionary can I find the maxsize and the next extent size?

v$tempfile will give me the file's current size and its create size I can join this to v$tablespace to get the tempfile's name.

Also, the doco seems to suggest that you can create a tempfile temporary tablespace that isn't locally managed - is there any reason why you would want to do this?

Thanks,
Bruce Reardon
mailto:bruce.reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au

Author: Suhen Pather
  INET: Suhen.Pather_at_strandbags.com.au
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Nov 20 2001 - 20:55:42 CST