RE: hottbackup questions

From: Kimberly Smith <kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:27:13 -0800

Just follow your regularly scheduled backup plan. Personally I use the second one you use. Its a little different to recover a read-only tablespace though depending on which control file you use and what state your tablespace was in compared to you control file when failure occurred. There are times when you recover read-only tablespaces and you need to take the tablespace offline first.

The Backup and Recovery Guide should have that info but I use the Oracle Press Backup & Recover Handbook cause its kickass.

Author: Seema Singh
  INET: oracledbam_at_hotmail.com

Author: Kimberly Smith
  INET: kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com