Re: Fwd: load flat file to Oracle

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:21:41 -0800

Deejay,
 Try putting the source file name in the xxx.par file that also lists the xx.ctl file. Then you only have to change the xxx.par file if the xx.ctl actions are identical. CONTROL= somefile
DATA= source file
 I don't know if the DATA=can be a variable or not. If it can then use a for-loop function if you are on Unix.
ROR mª¿ªm
>>> jkstill_at_cybcon.com 11/20/01 11:00AM >>>

Sorry, can't help at the moment.

Perhaps some of the esteemed members of the list will have useful suggestions.

Jared

Hi Jared,
Interesting web site.
Got a problem, I need to sql*load some flat files into a newly created Oracle  table. The problem is that the files are around 180 (.csv) files and they  are currently on a directory on my machine. How do I handle these many file  names in my (.ctl) program? Is there a way round this? I am running Oracle  8.1.7 on Windows 95 OS.

Please can you help me?

Thanks

Deejay

Author: Jared Still