Distribution of 4 DB in a Symmetrix Box -- URGENT

From: Pablo ksksksk <p_rodri99_at_yahoo.es>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 09:43:49 -0800

Hi everybody

I've 4 DB (Oracle 7.3.4- HPUX- Filesystem based) that reside in a Symmetrix box.
Sym disks are configurated as follows:

    8 DISKS (36GB) RAID1, SO I SEE ONLY 4 DISKS 36GB     8 DISKS in RAID-S (2 RAID-S groups)

I've done this distribution:

1st RAID 1 ----->redo (db1)

                 RBS  (db1)
                 system(db1)
                 temp(db1)
                 arch(db1)

2nd RAID 1 ----->redo (db2)
                 RBS  (db2)
                 system(db2)
                 temp(db2)
                 arch(db2)

and so on..

And I've placed DATAFILES (Indexes and Tables) in the RAID-S IN THEORY, is the RAID1 distribution appropiate? or it would be more convinient to MIX files from different databases across the RAIDs1? (for instance, to place all redo logs (db1,db2,db3,db4) in the 1st RAID1, RBS_db1, RBS_db2, and temp_db3 in the 2nd RAID1, etc)

Someone told me that if I mix datafiles I would get better service times, because in my current distribution the files in the symmetrix are accessed at the same time "because thay belong to the same DB". If I mix files from different DBs this will not happen and thats why I'll get better services times.

IS THIS TRUE? TIA

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Messenger
Comunicación instantánea gratis con tu gente. http://messenger.yahoo.es

Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Pablo=20ksksksk?=   INET: p_rodri99_at_yahoo.es
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Nov 20 2001 - 11:43:49 CST