Re: Oracle 8i vs. 9i on linux - stablility issues with 9i?

From: Jesse W. Asher <jasher1_at_tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 07:32:03 -0800

So, you believe there are stability problems with 9i on Linux?  Anyon else have similiar experiences??

Edward Shevtsov wrote:

  Jesse,we're working on Linux. Stability is the first thing you should considerwhile choosing right version of Oracle for a production system (especiallyon Linux).I would do hara-kiri myself if my boss told me migrate on 9i now.Regards,Ed

    I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about which version of either8i or 9i would be better to run on Linux? 9i seems to support largerdatabase files, but I'm wondering if I would be giving anything up tomove from 8i. Any thoughts?Thanks!

    --
Jesse W. Asher

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety." - Benjamin Franklin                Received on Tue Nov 20 2001 - 09:32:03 CST