Database Resource Manager -- Known Problems/ Issues?

From: Larry Elkins <elkinsl_at_flash.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 15:15:35 -0800

Listers,

I know some folks who are kicking around the idea of using Oracle's Database Resource Manager. The hardware is 64-bit four processor IBM RS/6000 running AIX 4.3.2, Oracle Enterprise Edition Server 64-bit 8.1.7.2.0.

I have been aware of minor issues, through this list and other sources, of minor problems with other features, For example, early versions of 8i with CURSOR_SHARING=force causing some ORA-00600 errors. Having never used Oracle's Database Resource Manager, I'm curious if anyone has seen problems or issues with it.

What the heck, while we are at it, any known major issues with the Hardware, OS, DB version combination mentioned above? I haven't worked with AIX in a while.

I know I can research this on MetaLink, but I have no access to it at this time.

Sorry for such a broad question.

Regards,

Larry G. Elkins
elkinsl_at_flash.net
214.954.1781

Author: Larry Elkins
  INET: elkinsl_at_flash.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Nov 16 2001 - 17:15:35 CST