RE: Need to update the ORACLE SID on W2000 Registry

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:03:41 -0800

Whoa Mark!

You really want Ken to much around in the registry?

I think what he's asking is how to use 'oradim'?

Ken, just type 'oradim' on the command line, and you will get a help screen. Look it up in the docs if you have to, but it supplies a pretty good help screen.

Don't mess with the registry unless you have to. It's not terribly dangerous, but like Mark said, back it up first via File->Export.

Jared

                    "Mark Leith"

                    <mark_at_cool-too       To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    ls.co.uk>            cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     RE: Need to update the ORACLE
SID on W2000 Registry
                    root_at_fatcity.c

                    om

                    11/16/01 08:00

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to ORACLE-L

Ken,

You need to "run" (Start/Run..) either of the programs regedit (my personal favourite), or regedt32. The registry is essentially the "file" that holds all of the config/licenses etc. settings for your programs, O/S, services etc.

regedit is an "Explorer" type interface, so you will need to navigate through the directory type interface to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Oracle/ALL_HOMES.. or whatever it is off the top
of my head, and modify the string by double clicking it on the right hand window, and editing it in there..

It is ALWAYS a good idea to take a backup of your registry before modifying it!! If you use regedit to do this, simply pull down you file menu, and export the registry to a nice safe location :)

HTH Mark

Author: Ken Janusz
  INET: ken.janusz_at_sufsys.com

Author: Mark Leith
  INET: mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Nov 16 2001 - 14:03:41 CST