VMS equivalent of ls -lrt

From: Hallas John <John.Hallas_at_btcellnet.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:02:40 -0800

A user has asked me about identifying most recently created trace files on a VMS system. I have shown him where they are and how to do a DIR/SIN=TODAY command to get todays files.

However he was complaining that there was no equivalent on VMS to ls -lrt to list all files oldest first.

I have looked at PIPE DIR *.TRC |SORT commands but you need a key and it is not to obvious how to do it easily.

Does anybody know an easy way of doing it.

I have never needed to do it because I have always find the date parameter to DIR to be sufficient but it would be nice to help a user out for a change !!!

John

Oracle DBA
BTcellnet
* john.hallas_at_btcellnet.net
( 0113 388 6062    Desk
) 07713 066194      BT Mobile

This email and any attachments may be confidential and the subject of legal professional privilege. Any disclosure, use, storage or copying of this email without the consent of the sender is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately if you are not the intended recipient and then delete the email from your inbox and do not disclose the contents to another person, use, copy or store the information in any medium.