Re: Operating Systems

From: Jan Pruner <jan_at_pruner.cz>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 07:16:23 -0800

Hmm, I'm not trying to start flamewar!

I was hired 3 years ago and the company has 3 databases on MS SQL (every about 1GB).
Today we have * in 1 Oracle db running on Linux.

And now.
I have done an import daemon from pure text files (replication between servers) in C++.
On NTFS import into MS SQL - 3 inserts / second. On ext2 import into Oracle - 12 inserts / second.

The same HW (but on Linux is RAID 10!!!).

Yes, NT is nice with 5 or 20 people. I know it and I'm using it so.

JP

Author: Jan Pruner
  INET: jan_at_pruner.cz