RE: update query??? HELP!!!

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:42:03 -0800

I believe this is the statement you want (assuming that onlye one franchise_name will be returned for a particular service_location_id)

update service_location a
set a.central_office_code =
(select c.franchise_name

 from service_loc_area b,
      franchise_area c
  where a.service_location_id = b.service_location_id
        and c.franchise_id = b.franchise_id) ;