RE: Operating Systems

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:53:16 -0800

Patrice,
 Oracle Database 8i Release 3 (8.1.7 cd pack for Solaris Intel Apr-01 release Part # CDP No. A89290-01 v2
contains:
8i rel3 8.1.7 Enterprise Edition
8i rel3 8.1.7 Standard Edition
8i rel3 8.1.7. Client for MSWIN95/98/2000/NT Oracle Internet File System rel 1.1.9 for MS2000/nt OEM rel 2.2 w/tuning,mgmt,diag packs
OEM rel2.2 For Oracle Standard Management Pack Oracle Management Pack rel 2.2 for Oracle Applications Oracle Management Pack rel 2.2 for SAP R/3 Oracle Workflow Server rel2.6 for MSNT and Sun SPARC Solaris Oracle Workflow Client rel2.6 for MSNT
Oracle Message Broker rel2.0.1 for MSNT
Oracle Applications InterConnect rel4.0 for MSNT Oracle Visual Workbench for Oracle Procedural Gateway for IBM MQSeries rel 8.0.4.1.0 for MSNT

Plus the usual DOC CD'S
Ron
ROR mª¿ªm

>>> BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca 11/14/01 02:40PM >>> Does Oracle sell a version for Solaris on Intel?

I thought they only offered Oracle for SPARC Solaris.

Mind you it wouldn't be a bad thing if they did offer Oracle for Solaris on Intel, esp. now that the Alphas are owned by the people developing the Itanium platform.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

        Author: Scott Shafer