IDL_UB1$

From: <Ivo.Libal_at_knapp-systems.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 06:13:35 -0800

Hello All
I found in our database, that some of the sys tables have many extents (up to 700). These are IDL_* tables and some other tables related to our heavy use of plsql packages (like sources$, dependency$ etc). On metalink I found that it is possible to change the "next" parameter of the table, but I would like to ask you if you know about a way how to recreate the existing fragmented tables?

What option would be possible? (sorted by preference)

1.rebuild the table online without need to do anything else
2.rebuild the table online with a need to disconnect users
3.drop all packages/functions ..., truncate the tables (idl_ub1$ etc.) and
load all sources from export (+catalog etc.) 4.recreate database + change next extent on the tables + load everything from export

Or is there other posibility?
The database is 8.1.7 on Linux
Kind regards
Ivo Libal

  INET: Ivo.Libal_at_knapp-systems.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Nov 14 2001 - 08:13:35 CST