RE: Pull NEXTVAL thru a DB_LINK

From: Kevin Lange <kgel_at_ppoone.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 12:14:09 -0800

You just selected the next value from a local sequence called some_seq using the dual table located on the link.

What you have to do is to select the next value from the sequence located on the link using the dual table from the local database.

select some_seq.nextval_at_db_link from dual;

I tried it . It works.

Kevin

Author: Kevin Lange
  INET: kgel_at_ppoone.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Nov 09 2001 - 14:14:09 CST