Oracle the best

From: Prasad BAV <bavprasad_oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 06:27:24 -0800

Hi,

All of us believe Oracle is the best database server. We can keep our application data on Oracle and just forget the rest. I strongly believe I can do anything I want, with Oracle.

We have a problem with Oracle. Ours is a small application with most hits. Lot of people will be using our solution and each hit results in database access.

We have limitation on the maximum number of connections that can be made from Java
application(servlet). We are accessing from 16 servlet machines to the database and making around 500 connections. We are using a connection pool from Javaexchange(DbConnectionBroker). When the application reaches beyond 500(I think the number is still less) connections, the database stops responding. Database machine's CPU usage goes 100%. And any requests from servlets at this point, will wait for a long time to get response from oracle.

We are using Oracle 8.1.7, on Windows 2000. System RAM is 3GB. We are using 1.5GB of SGA. System is 1GHz processor.

We are using CLOB very frequently.

Thanks in advance for your suggestion on tuning.

Regards,

Prasad BAV.

Do You Yahoo!?
Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com

Author: Prasad BAV
  INET: bavprasad_oracle_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Nov 09 2001 - 08:27:24 CST