RE: good workaround for a ORA-2016?

From: Jeffery Stevenson <jeff_at_mpv.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 23:51:28 -0800

...and you created the view on the "other" side of the database link where none of the tables are remote tables? Basically, on the remote system you would create a view like this:

create view call_this_from_somewhere_else as select this and that
from a table in this database
start with primary key in (select same datatype from another table

                        b,c,d(several other tables)
connect by
prior etc., hierarchy

...and then from the other system you'd call:

select * from call_this_from_somewhere_else_at_remote_db;

Jeffery Stevenson
Databeast Slayer
Medical Present Value, Inc.
Austin, TX