Tablespace Growth Monitoring

From: Jamadagni, Rajendra <Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 05:39:25 -0800

Hi all,

First a Big Thanks to you all for sharing your knowledge and tips on this forum. By using some of that wisdom I am making my transition from developer to a DBA (or as we call it here 'The Dark Side').

First job I have is to monitor table growth, so I created a small table, and wrote a script that will collect information from dba_segments (for tables and indexes) about name, type, tablespace, extents. Then I use dbms_space package to see how much is allocated and how much is free. all this information goes in my table. I'll be doing this on a weekly basis and then analyze data on a monthly basis.

So, are there any other parameter I should be monitoring just for object growth?

TIA
Raj

Rajendra Jamadagni MIS, ESPN Inc. Rajendra dot Jamadagni at ESPN dot com
Any opinion expressed here is personal and doesn't reflect that of ESPN Inc.

QOTD: Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art !

This e-mail message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify corporate MIS at (860) 766-2000 and delete this e-mail message from your computer, Thank you.