RE: CHANGING CHARACTER SET

From: Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 07:15:00 -0800

Gerardo,

The trick works for me also but when i try to export it shows as:

Connected to: Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
Export done in US7ASCII character set and US7ASCII NCHAR character set server uses UTF8 character set (possible charset conversion)

Do we are able to change character set or our existing data is still using US7ASCII. Thanks
-Harvinder

Author: Harvinder Singh
  INET: Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com

Author: Molina, Gerardo
  INET: Gerardo.Molina_at_schwab.com

Author: Harvinder Singh
  INET: Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Nov 01 2001 - 09:15:00 CST