Re:RE: RE: Oracle Browser 2

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 12:52:42 -0800

David,

    In it's current incarnation I'd recommend against it.

Dick Goulet

Author: David Wagoner <dwagoner_at_arsenaldigital.com>
Date:       10/31/2001 12:05 PM

Wow. Thanks for your effort here Dick. Sounds like quite an ordeal. At least I'll know some problems to look for if my company decides to try Discoverer!

David B. Wagoner
Database Administrator
Arsenal Digital Solutions Worldwide Inc. 4815 Emperor Blvd., Suite 110
Durham, NC 27703
Tel. (919) 941-4645
Fax (919) 474-0735
Author: David Wagoner <dwagoner_at_arsenaldigital.com>
Date:       10/29/2001 10:52 AM

Dick,

Can you elaborate a little on the instability of Oracle Discoverer 3000 with Oracle 9i database? I was planning to investigate Discoverer as an end-user reporting/query tool sometime soon. We have Oracle 8i and 9i databases. I just heard that Discoverer is an HTML-based data query tool for end-users.

TIA, david

Author: "Michael" <oracle-l_at_iceic.com>
Date:       10/28/2001 4:05 AM

Hi all,

    Doesn't anybody out there know what Oracle Browser 2 is, and where I might be able to download a copy ?

    Thanks for your time.

Michael.

<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<TITLE>Message</TITLE>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=507420512-28102001><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hi
all,</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=507420512-28102001><FONT face=Arial
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=507420512-28102001>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT face=Arial
size=2>Doesn't anybody out there know what Oracle Browser 2 is, and where I might be able to download a copy ?</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=507420512-28102001><FONT face=Arial
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=507420512-28102001>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT face=Arial
size=2>Thanks for your time.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=507420512-28102001><FONT face=Arial
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=507420512-28102001><FONT face=Arial
size=2>Michael.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=507420512-28102001></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com

Author: David Wagoner
  INET: dwagoner_at_arsenaldigital.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com