RE: IOT - comment about high writes

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 18:38:47 -0800

This message was sent to the list back in August and seemed to recommend that IOTs shouldn't be used for high write tables.

Would anyone like to help explain why this might be a bad idea?

Thanks,
Bruce Reardon

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Oct 30 2001 - 20:38:47 CST