RE: New Oracle Install and Old Data Files

From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 13:54:41 -0800

data unloader WILL work without a system tablespace, although obviously it's easier if it exists.

in my case we lost the online redo logs and could not force the database to open no matter WHAT we did (and yes, I spent two hours on the phone with Oracle Support trying to force it open).

we had the system tablespace. we were lucky. ask Tech Support about Data Unloader and get a number for Field Support.

There are about 5 or 6 techs in the country who know how to use it. Three on the East Coast, we forced Oracle to pull someone in from vacation. Since he was getting quintuple time at that point, he didn't really care :)

Do You Yahoo!?
Make a great connection at Yahoo! Personals. http://personals.yahoo.com
Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: wisernet100_at_yahoo.com