RE: Corruption in SYSTEM Tablespace

From: Koivu, Lisa <lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:08:56 -0800

Hi Jeremiah,

Wish it was always that easy.  Last corruption I experienced, we could not chase down the reason for the corruption.  Oracle wanted so many trace files, dumps, etc. lots of info before they would even look at it.  End result, I fixed the problem but I had so much to do (read: tons of code to write) we had to just hope it wouldn't happen again.  We got lucky and for the duration of my employment, it didn't happen a second time.

Have you been able to determine the exact reason for corruption before?

Lisa Koivu
Oracle Database Monkey
Fairfield Resorts, Inc.
954-935-4117