Re: Java in the database

From: Stefan Jahnke <stefan.jahnke_at_d2vodafone.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 05:03:15 -0800

Hi,

"So a huge Trading exchange written in Perl?" .....there are actually systems out there that do exactly that: I don't know the link anymore, but Sweden migrated it's whole pension system to Perl/DBI. No joke.
That had a contracting company working on a solution, but after they f*d around for a couple of years and time
ran out, the system was implemented quickly in Perl ... and it works, it's (supposedly) maintanable and fast
enough.

bye,
Stefan

Author: Stefan Jahnke