RE: backup of large databases

From: Hand, Michael T <HANDM_at_polaroid.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:22:50 -0700

<SPAN

class=610362919-26102001>Ed,
We
have a 550Gb database which we backup nightly via a disk mirror set split.  The mirror set is then mounted on our failover/reporting hardward and written to tape.  Archived redo logs are written to tape twice daily and kept on disk for 3 days.
<SPAN

class=610362919-26102001>
8063
on Compaq Tru64
<SPAN

class=610362919-26102001>
Mike
Hand
<SPAN

class=610362919-26102001>Polaroid Corp

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Ed Lewis   [mailto:eglewis_at_hotmail.com]Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 2:51   PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:   backup of large databases
  Hello,
      I'm curious how people handle
  the backups for
      large/very large databases;
  200gb or greater. Received on Fri Oct 26 2001 - 14:22:50 CDT