Re: event= to capture deadlock debug info

From: Praveen S <pravsu_at_vsnl.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:43:02 -0700

Hello,

I am facing a similar situation which occurs sometimes. We have some clients who either due to power or network problems drop their connections. The problem is that once this happens other clients also have problems in accessing the particular tables. There are no ORA-600 nor trace files. There are no locks either. The process is still listed as active. And after some time, sometimes about an hour, the process stops being shown and its back to business as usual.

I do need help on this urgently, please help.

We are using oracle 8.0.3 on NT.

TIA, Praveen.

PS. Please mail me offline as well.

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the info. The situation may not be a deadlock. I checked the alert log, no entries when the lock occured. Also no trace file was generated. On Friday we were unable to simulate the lock condition (proved the database was pretty indestructable). At this point I'm not sure what may have caused the situation. I guess I'll have to wait until it happens again and get the users to wait until I can gather more info befor I fix it.

...JIM...
>>> deepakthapliyal_at_yahoo.com 10/19/01 1:02:35 PM >>>
Hi James,

setting an event at init/session level would basically dump the error state into an trc file. ora-60 or deadlock by defualt writes a message in alert file and also dumps a large trace in udump.

so why do you want to explicitly set this event? The default behaviour mimicks the same anyways.

hth
Deepak

Do You Yahoo!?
Make a great connection at Yahoo! Personals. http://personals.yahoo.com