Re: Java in the database

From: Jim Conboy <Jim.Conboy_at_trw.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 08:59:21 -0700

Jan-
Please do let us know how you do with 500 users. "Oracle App Server = Apache + Tomcat"
Is this true?  I know that "Oracle HTTP Server" (ha ha) is basically Apache.  And I know that the Oracle Jserver was basically the Jserv precursor to Tomcat.  But I thought 8.1.7 and 9i came with a new servlet.  I looked on Metalink and couldn't tell, is that 'new' java servlet really Tomcat?

Jim
>>> jan_at_pruner.cz 10/26/01 10:50AM >>>

:-) Wait 2 weeks and I will tell you how is it running up to 500 people.
"Oracle and BEA who have a nice little Java engine to sell you " It has only other product name, but inside is it the same
Oracle App Server = Apache + Tomcat
JP Received on Fri Oct 26 2001 - 10:59:21 CDT