RE: Move tablespace with no downtime?

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jwilton_at_speakeasy.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 22:11:24 -0700

Yeah seems like a moot point. Why would you try this with tempfiles anyway? With tempfiles you just add and drop to your heart's content.

Any kind of maintenance you might want to do to a temporary tablespace, regardless of the file type used, can be easily accomplished without downtime, by creating a second temporary tablespace and assigning all the users to it while you make any changes to the original one.

--
Jeremiah Wilton
http://www.speakeasy.net/~jwilton

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: Jeremiah Wilton INET: jwilton_at_speakeasy.net Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).