RE: Cross(-eyed) Platform RPC

From: Mohan, Ross <MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:07:58 -0700

CM -

I *think* this is functionally identical but linguistically different than "client/server" RPC calls. The rsh is supported ( i ::think::, Unix goo-roo's help me, here) by udp/ip as is rpc calling, but...is strictly remote execution without the richness the RPC connection offers.

Of course, I am probably just smoking WAY to much Oracle cRAC.

thanks for your thoughts...it keeps the juice going (but then again, you probably didn't need that level of detail. )

:-)

rm -rf /bin/laden

Author: Charlie Mengler
  INET: charliem_at_mwh.com