RE: Update invalid trigger_text in DBA_TRIGGERS?

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 11:38:08 -0700

David,

Are you saying the vendor did not provide you with new triggers?

And you haven't sent them a *blistering* email saying that they just corrupted your production database?

Some things are DBA's problems. Things that a vendor does to THEIR system is not one of them. This is like saying that they changed the names of all of the database tables in their application, and now you are supposed to change them in the database.

I agree with Lisa and Rachel - do NOT change anything in the database via the tables represented by DBA_TRIGGERS. If you break anything, the vendor and Oracle will both wash their hands and tell you to restore from a prior version.

You could try Rachel's suggestion (try it on a couple of triggers and see what happens).

But the correct thing is to follow Lisa's advice. The triggers need to be migrated to the new Oracle schema.

Hope this helps.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 25 2001 - 13:38:08 CDT