RE: Commit trigger

From: Witold Iwaniec <wiwaniec_at_novalistech.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 09:40:10 -0700

Thanks for the reply.

I guess more details may be helpful.
I need to get data from one table into a text file. The file needs to be generated only once after any changes to the table.

It's easy enough to write a program that queries the table and generates a file but I thought about automating the process so that the user does not need to run any program. I thought about writing a PL/SQL using the UTL_FILE package to generate the file (it's a small table). But I would want the trigger to fire only when changes are commited, not on every insert, update, or delete. And I need only the commited data. I guess I was wondering if there was a way to write something like COMMIT_CHANGES_TO_A_TABLE trigger.

I guess I will end up with small program but if there was a way to do it it would be a good learning.

Thanks

Witold

Author: Witold Iwaniec
  INET: wiwaniec_at_novalistech.com