RE: [Q] what difference between count(0), count(1) and

From: Amar Kumar Padhi <TS2017_at_emirates.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 07:48:10 -0700

Afaik, Oracle has to undergo the additional overhead of converting a * with the actual table columns. This is the default behaviour. Writing count(1) saves this overhead. This was applicable in 7.3. I am not aware if 8 or 8i behave differently if count(*) is mentioned.

rgds
amar

Author: dist cash
  INET: mccdba_at_hotmail.com

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com
Author: Arn Klammer
  INET: Arn.Klammer_at_austrac.gov.au