RE: ORACLE 8.1.5 on NT run very slow ??

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 05:02:48 -0700

I recommend patching your database...

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
[SMTP:Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au]
        Sent:   Wednesday, October 24, 2001 8:01 PM
        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
        Subject:        RE: ORACLE 8.1.5 on NT run very slow  ??

        Hi,

        If you open up task Manager on the server, and swap to the
performance tab,
        how much physical memory is shown as available?
        While you're on that tab, how much total physical memory does Task
Manager
        report?

        As per Jared's question, what do the following 2 queries show?
        select * from v$sga;
        select name , value from v$parameter where name = 'db_block_size';

        Regards,
        Bruce Reardon

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca