SQL Loader questions

From: YTTRI Lisa <lisa.yttri_at_cnh.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:00:06 -0700

Hi everyone -

I need some help. We have an application running on 8.0.5 on NT. My programmer tells me that she should be able to add columns to a table simply by changing the sql loader control file definition of the input. I have looked through the documentation and tried several tests, but I can't see any way that this would work.

Is this actually possible with SQL Loader?

Also, she tells me that if a record exists in the table and she has the same record (key value only) in the input file, that SQL Loader should update the record with any changed field values. Is there a special keyword to do this - I can't seem to find anything on that either?

Lisa

Author: YTTRI Lisa
  INET: lisa.yttri_at_cnh.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 24 2001 - 10:00:06 CDT