Re: Help with passwords

From: JOE TESTA <JTESTA_at_longaberger.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 06:29:59 -0700

save the key
then to set it back

alter user <username> idenfified by values 'HEX KEY HERE';
joe
>>> G.L.Alink_at_civ.utwente.nl 10/24/01 10:10AM >>>Hi all,I've got a little question, which i can't find simply on metalink.I've got one user with a not know password and i want to temporary changeit;s password.I know it is possible to save the hex-key in dba_users.But how can i change it back to that hex-key?I need temporary this user account and can change the password, but i wantto change it back to the original.Thx anyway,Marco> Marco Alink> Systeem- en databasebeheerder, Centrum voor Informatievoorziening,
> Universiteit Twente, Postbus 217, 7500 AE Enschede> telefoon:
053 - 489 2628, fax:053 - 489 2383, <A
href="">http://www.utwente.nl/civ> >
> -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A
href="">http://www.orafaq.com-- Author:   INET: G.L.Alink_at_civ.utwente.nlFat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing

REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail messageto: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and inthe message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You mayalso send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 24 2001 - 08:29:59 CDT