RE: ADO.NET and Oracle 8.1.6

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:45:24 -0700

Are you able to connect with SQL*Plus? Do you have more than one Oracle Home on your client machine? Do you have more than one tnsnames.ora on your client machine? Are the ODBC driver and SQL*Plus using the same tnsnames.ora file? When you created your data source name in ODBC, did you put in the service name field the TNS alias? Have you tried to turn on Net8 tracing to see where the name resolution fails? Received on Tue Oct 23 2001 - 16:45:24 CDT