RE: Backup Strategy

From: Kimberly Smith <kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:51:17 -0700

If you don't need to do a point-in-time recover then your ok. However, if you have data that changes in between backups or exports you will lose data. You are running a risky setup without archive logs. I would fight like cats and dogs to get the recourses you need or make sure your SLA does not specify the ability for complete recover (of data that is).

Author: Ahmed Gholam Hussain
  INET: ahussain_at_gisqatar.org.qa

Author: Kimberly Smith
  INET: kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com