RE: Need Suggestion for RMAN

From: Ron Yount <ronwy_at_swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 03:23:45 -0700

Oracle and I would advise using the rman catalog database. The 8.1.6 manual will detail for you the limitations of using the control file approach. One issue that stands out is... if you lose the control file (all copies), then you also lose all of the backup info stored in it... this could create a situation where automated recovery is not possible.

I have been using RMAN for over a year to backup 60 plus dev and prod databases. If there is anything I can do to assist you, feel free to send e-mail to ronwy_at_swbell.net.

-Ron-

Author: Ron  Yount
  INET: ronwy_at_swbell.net