RE: Droping System User

From: Nirmal Kumar Muthu Kumaran <NIRMALK_at_qtel.com.qa>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 01:41:02 -0700

hi ....

I took risk in my test DB by dropping the user 'SYSTEM'. As you tested, the same steps i repeated in mine, all are fine, until before.

Now i shutdown my database and startup again, here the problem arises. Oracle mount the database but while opening the database, the instance has been terminated by PMON.

Sat Oct 20 10:57:45 2001
PMON: terminating instance due to error 470 Instance terminated by PMON, pid = 316

Oracle posted the following error continuosly in the alert log:

SMON: following errors trapped and ignored: ORA-00376: file 1 cannot be read at this time ORA-01110: data file 1: 'D:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCLSVR\SYSTEM01.DBF'

Am crusious, come to know what type of problem you have faced?....

Regards,
Nirmal