RE: Little Brother Larry not really ON topic

From: Jim Conboy <Jim.Conboy_at_trw.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:39:49 -0700

Y'know, Bambi is such a gentle name, but you're scaring me with this in-depth knowledge. :-)

JIm>>> BBellows_at_usg.com 10/19/01 03:59PM >>>
Yes, well, I think that they thought that was a pretty snazzy way not to pay on life insurance.  In practice, though, if you've had your policy more than two years, most companies will pay anyway.  It's hard to get a definitive yes or no out of them at the time you buy your policy, so it's rather the luck of the draw, um, as it were...

-----Original Message----- Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 2:42 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
And you they won't pay your life insuranc to your beneficiaries because you died in the commission of a crime..Catch 22 eh? Ruth ----- Original Message
----- To: "Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L" <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 3:07 PM
> Suicide is illegal, but, oddly commission of that crime
lands you in a > mental institution because you are mentally unfit to stand trial, and, > except in the case of extraordinary extenuating circumstances, is proof of <FONT size=2>> at least temporary insanity.  This is the mechanism that is used to > institutionalize people who attempt, but fail, to commit suicide.  This is > also used by some insurance companies who will not pay claims for <FONT size=2>sufferings > incurred in the commission of a crime. > > Extraordinary
extenuating circumstances include (but are not limited to): <FONT size=2>> Extreme political protest (e.g., the autoimolation of those monks); > extraordinary pain and suffering (it's still illegal, but won't land you in <FONT size=2>> a mental institution); suicide attempts immediately prior to capital > punishment (they really don't like that because they can't execute you until <FONT size=2>> you're mentally competent to appreciate the punishment you are about to > endure and prisoners, instead, are placed on suicide watch) > >
HTH, > Bambi. >

Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 1:15 PM > To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L > <FONT
size=2>> Are you sure its not illegal to 'attempt' suicide?  Granted > that still does not make a whole lot of sense but it gives > them a way to get back at you for the medical bills and what > not of a failed attempt I believe.  So if you do want to do > it take the extra time and plan well (not that I think anyone <FONT size=2>> should do it). > <FONT
size=2>> -----Original Message----- > Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 10:55 AM > To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L > <FONT
size=2>> > No, man, they through your corpse into a cell until you learn better. Duh! <FONT size=2>> > -----Original Message-----
size=2>> To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <FONT size=2>> > ----- Original Message -----
> To: "Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L"
<ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> > Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 00:50 > >
> > My favorite law is that it is illegal to commit
suicide. > > > >
Love that! > >
> and what happens if u successfully commit one?
> > will they sue u?
> > <FONT

size=2>>     Marin >
> > ---- <FONT

size=2>> "...what you brought from your past, is of no use in your present. When > you must choose a new path, do not bring old experiences with you. > Those who strike out afresh, but who attempt to retain a little of the > old life, end up torn apart by their own memories. " >

-- > Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A href="">http://www.orafaq.com <FONT
size=2>> -- > Author: Marin Dimitrov
>   INET: marin.dimitrov_at_sirma.bg <FONT size=2>> > Fat City Network
Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
> San Diego,

California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists >

> To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail
message > to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in > the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L > (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may
> also send the HELP command for other information (like
subscribing). > -- >
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A href="">http://www.orafaq.com <FONT
size=2>> -- > Author: Bellows, Bambi
>   INET: BBellows_at_usg.com <FONT
size=2>> > Fat City Network
Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
> San Diego,

California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists >

> To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail
message > to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in > the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L > (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may
> also send the HELP command for other information (like
subscribing). > -- >
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A href="">http://www.orafaq.com <FONT
size=2>> -- > Author: Kimberly Smith
>   INET: kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com
> > Fat City Network

Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
> San Diego,

California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists >

> To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail
message > to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in > the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L > (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may
> also send the HELP command for other information (like
subscribing). > -- >
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A href="">http://www.orafaq.com <FONT
size=2>> -- > Author: Bellows, Bambi
>   INET: BBellows_at_usg.com <FONT
size=2>> > Fat City Network
Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
> San Diego,

California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists >

> To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail
message > to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in > the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L > (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may
> also send the HELP command for other information (like
subscribing).
-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com <FONT
size=2>-- Author: Ruth Gramolini <FONT
size=2>  INET: rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us Fat City Network Services    -- (858)
538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists <FONT
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). <FONT
size=2>-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A
href="">http://www.orafaq.com <FONT
size=2>-- Author: Bellows, Bambi <FONT
size=2>  INET: BBellows_at_usg.com

Fat City Network Services    -- (858)
538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists <FONT
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Oct 19 2001 - 14:39:49 CDT