Re:RE: Tools

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:26:07 -0700

Eric,

    MANY years ago, before the advent of Cool-Tools UK I do believe (back in V6 days) I was seriously impeded by a similar situation to you. Namely I really hated being told that something in the DB was wrong before I could get my hat, never mind the coat, off. A few days of those 2x4's aside the head as I arrived provided the fuel to Mother Invention. The results of that, called OraCheck by us, is still here & running happily. Now I don't know about Mark's tools and 'Norad' in general as developing something in-house is always looked upon favorably here since it has a much lower cost of acquisition & ownership (also you have complete freedom to customize to the n'th degree). For that reason I have not publicly revealed what it is internally, but if your a C programmer with knowledge of Pro*C, I can zip it up for you & you can have it for nothing. Note that is source code only, not the executables and there are a few other things you may well need, like the SEE4C libraries from Marshall Soft so that the SMTP mail capabilities work.

Dick Goulet

Author: "Wong; Bing" <bing.wong_at_IngramMicro.com>
Author: Eric Swain
  INET: eric_swain_at_hotmail.com

Author: Wong, Bing
  INET: bing.wong_at_IngramMicro.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Oct 19 2001 - 13:26:07 CDT