Question About "Deferred Rollback Segments"

From: WinterSun Zhao <wintersun_zhao_at_21cn.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 23:14:32 -0700

Hi, DBAs:

   From Oracle Online Manual:
" When a tablespace goes offline so that transactions cannot be rolled back immediately, Oracle writes to a deferred rollback segment. The deferred rollback segment contains the rollback entries that could not be applied to the tablespace, so that they can be applied when the tablespace comes back online. These segments disappear as soon as the tablespace is brought back online and recovered. Oracle automatically creates deferred rollback segments in the SYSTEM tablespace. "   How can I find out the "deferred rollback segments", which dictionary view needed to be queried?
  I execute a query, insert some datas into the table, and not commited it, then I offline the tablespace with immediate option. Then I issued "rollback", it rolled back immediate although the tablespace is offline. I know it has been rolled back with "Diferred Rollback Segments", But where can I find it?   Thank you for your help.

WinterSun Zhao

21CN网络产品诚征代理
http://agent.21cn.com
想免受广告信的骚扰,请马上升级为21CN经济邮用户。 http://news.21cn.com/cgibin/urlhit2-mcounter.php3?url=http://member.21cn.com/economy/upgrade.php&rd=1